Role Type: Permanent Part-Time
Organisation Type: Not-For-Profit (full salary sacrificing available)
Location: Bald Hills, Qld
Commencement: Immediately upon acceptance
Hours: Minimum 20 hours per week
Heather Hill Nursing Agency is currently looking for an assistant nurse interested in working at a nursing home situated in Bald Hills in a permanent part-time capacity (minimum of 40 hours per fortnight).
ABOUT THE FACILITY
The nursing home has a lovely family feel with each of the 50+ residents having their own small apartments on site. It is operated by a not-for-profit group that has adopted a very resident focused care model. Assistant Nurses are encouraged to work very closely hand in hand with residents to meet their care needs and build long term and meaningful relationships with them.
This particular role would involve working morning shifts four days a week including weekends (but only every second week) and a bright and bubbly personality is desirable. If you’re a morning person and working in a nursing home that really feels like a big family appeals to you then this is the role you’ve been waiting for!
- Certificate III in Aged Care or equivalent
- 6 months recent paid work experience in an aged care facility (approximately 1,000 paid hours)
- Availability to work morning shifts
- Current national police certificate (issued within the last 3 years)
- Australian or New Zealand citizenship or valid working visa
Simply complete the form below to express your interest in applying or call (07) 3720 9122 for a confidential discussion with one of our recruitment consultants.
Once the above Application Form has been received, we will be in touch to discuss the formal process, which involves:
- a personal one-to-one interview with a recruitment consultant (all RNs experienced in aged care)
- a theory component (questions focusing on situations you would encounter in aged care)
- a practical component (manual handling, handwashing, fire safety)
- you providing the names of two referees (one must be a director of nursing).
During your interview, you’ll also get a chance to ask any further questions you may have about the role, pay rates and the organisation.
Once you have been interviewed you will receive a call from one of our recruitment consultants to let you know the outcome of your application. We provide feedback to every nurse who applies.
If you have any questions in the mean time, please feel free to Contact Us.