Role Type: Permanent Part-Time
Organisation Type: Not-For-Profit (full salary sacrificing available)
Location: Geebung, Qld
Commencement: Immediately upon acceptance
Heather Hill Nursing Agency is currently looking for a number of registered nurses interested in working at a nursing home situated in Geebung in a permanent part-time capacity (minimum of 30 hours per fortnight).
ABOUT THE FACILITY
The nursing home is a brand new state of the art facility and has adopted the ‘Eden Alternative‘ for its care delivery. The ‘Eden Principles’ are focused towards empowering elders, embracing spontaneity and building meaningful interpersonal relationships.
From a practical point of view this translates to very low carer to resident ratios (usually just 1 to 5) and getting time to build personal relationships with residents. If the idea of working in one of Australia’s newest and best resourced nursing homes appeals to you this is the role you’ve been waiting for.
In addition to excellent carer to resident ratios carers at this facility also administer basic medications which provides you with time to focus on resident complex health care needs, build meaningful relationships with residents, and get involved in fun social activities at the facility.
- Registered Nurse with current AHPRA registration
- 12 months recent paid work experience in an aged care facility
- availability to work mornings, afternoons and nights during the initial induction period (approximately four weeks)
- current national police certificate (issued within the last 3 years)
- Australian or New Zealand citizenship or valid working visa
Simply complete the form below to express your interest in applying or call (07) 3720 9122 for a confidential discussion with one of our recruitment consultants.
Once the above Application Form has been received, we will be in touch to discuss the formal process, which involves:
- a personal one-to-one interview with a recruitment consultant (all RNs experienced in aged care)
- a theory component (questions focusing on situations you would encounter in aged care)
- a practical component (manual handling, handwashing, fire safety)
- you providing the names of two referees (one must be a director of nursing).
During your interview, you’ll also get a chance to ask any further questions you may have about the role, pay rates and the organisation.
Once you have been interviewed you will receive a call from one of our recruitment consultants to let you know the outcome of your application. We provide feedback to every nurse who applies.
If you have any questions in the mean time, please feel free to Contact Us.