Specialists who know your business
Heather Hill Nursing Agency is an aged care specialist, with offices based in Brisbane and on the Gold Coast. We service the greater Brisbane and Gold Coast regions from Beaudesert to Bribie Island and the Gold Coast to Gatton.
We have an extensive pool of specialised, experienced and dedicated aged care nursing professionals, including Registered Nurses, Endorsed Enrolled Nurses and Assistants in Nursing, and Personal Care Workers available for casual, contract or permanent positions.
We understand that the needs of each residential care facility and community service are as individual as those of the residents they care for. So we provide you with nurses who have not only the right clinical skills but also the right personality traits to fit your team culture.
We also have a pool of nurses who love to travel to remote and rural areas throughout Australia for contract and/or permanent placement.
We have preferred supplier status with over 300 facilities and services, including residential care and community service providers.
Stable staff you can rely on
Our high retention rates mean over 60% of our staff have been with us for more than five years. This is above the industry standard for both the aged care and nursing agency industries and supports our clients by enabling superior continuity of resident care.
Our electronic booking system prioritises nurses who’ve worked with your facility or service previously. This means on returning to a facility our experienced staff require very little or no induction. They know how to walk in and provide value – they don’t need a long handover. Some of our nurses have been returning to the same facilities for more than 10 years. This not only means better continuity of care but also a more efficient service, and better value for your dollar investment.
The highest nursing standards
- We maintain exceptionally high nursing standards. By providing 24-hour call centre support and proactive initiatives from management, we ensure our staff are regularly updated on new nursing initiatives and supported in their care delivery.
- We provide online training facilities for our Registered Nursing staff to comply with the National Nursing and Midwifery Board standards requiring 20 hours of compulsory professional education.
- We undertake random on-site spot assessments of all our staff, both to support them in their roles to deliver exceptionally high standards of care and ultimately to support you as their host employer.
Superior quality systems and incident management
- We keep up to date with the latest aged care industry requirements and developments, often implementing them into our quality processes and procedures before they are mandatory requirements or adopted by the mainstream.
- We have optimal processes and procedures in place to support our clients and ensure an ongoing focus on best practice service delivery.
- We appreciate the demands of working with the aged care industry – for example, if a client has an incident or is undergoing an audit and requires paperwork, we can have the necessary paperwork and a formal response to you immediately.
- We design our systems and processes to support facilities alignment with the Aged Care Sector Statement of Principles. For example, we have a service called Nurse Escorts, which we offer to all of our clients to help them meet the requirements of Standard 3.5. These nurses may to go to a facility to take residents out on excursions to attend community groups, church services, family events or other social events (e.g. cinema, sporting matches).
- We provide our nursing staff with clinical support personnel on call 24 hours a day. If they are on a shift and an incident happens, our nursing staff can call our office for advice. This ensures that your facility manager is not unnecessarily disturbed out of hours.
Stringent recruitment and induction
- Our interview booklet includes questions and scenarios specific to the aged care sector.
- Our recruitment process for all our nurses (including our Assistants in Nursing) includes an intensive 2 hour written exam on aged care topics such as infection control, barrier nursing, incontinence management, manual handling theory, dementia management, safe food handling, workplace bullying and harassment, and fire safety theory. For Registered Nurses and Enrolled Nurses, this list is extended to include critical incident management, diabetic management, occupational violence and aggression, palliative care and medication administration.
- When our new recruits come in for interview, we have qualified trainers and assessors to assess one on one their manual handling, infection control and fire safety techniques.
Our minimum callout time for nurses is four hours. Shift coverage may be arranged up to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you are an aged care facility looking for Registered Nurses, Endorsed Enrolled Nurses, Assistants in Nursing or Personal Carers please call (07) 3720 9122 or (07) 5657 9022 to speak to one of the team in our 24-hour call centre.